8.25.2005

The opposite of

Altruism is pleasure. Satisfaction. Well, according to 5 out of my seven dinnermates. Good lord, what discussions ensued. I didn't realize so many of my dear friends didn't believe in altruism. I hadn't thought of it, honestly. But the argument went that if someone does something for self-gain -- experiencing pleasure, satisfaction -- then that action ceases to be altruistic. And Eric believes that every person's behavioral instincts are hardwired with self-gain. Hence, no good deeds go unrewarded for the doer.

Andrew said he didn't want to live in a world in which there was no altruism. He was drunk. Most everyone was drunk. But, nonetheless, or perhaps because, they held their beliefs firmly. I don't know. I'm thinking about opposing and complementing. Charity and pleasure. Sacrifice and satisfaction. Giving and fulfilling. Sounds kinky to me. And I tend to embrace kink.

Speaking of which, my lap top is breathing hot air like a hungry cunt. You know, pulsing with heat that could easily turn into steam. It's not getting me off, but you know, Lap Top. I'm just saying it makes sense in between my legs.

More on family later. Sex and family -- it also, strangely, makes sense.

3 Comments:

Blogger good golly said...

sex often makes family. i'm going to mull that, flip it, change it all day.

i'm adding you to my links. any objection?

4:45 PM  
Blogger LZ said...

none at all. and you're right. though does the (fact) that my dad's gay change anything?

12:19 AM  
Blogger good golly said...

not really. sex makes family amongst gays quicker then anywhere else.

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home